I was given the Liebster Blog Award by the fabulous Harlow, which is a fantastic award given to five deserving bloggers. This is a great honor, and I'm happy to pass it along to another five bloggers!
The 11 questions given to me by Harlow:
No. 1 - Who/what inspired you to dress vintage/vintage style?
I started to gradually dress vintage about three or four years ago. I started to become interested in the 1940's, the music, the style, the makeup. Of course, like all young teens, I liked pop music and trendy clothes. But I slowly started taking my style to a different place. I liked to shop at Forever21 (still do) and that's where I got my first vintage inspired pieces. I got more comfortable with dressing a bit different than other teens, and liked the look I was starting to achieve. Now, I am thinking about vintage all the time. As you may have read in my previous posts, my parents have a great respect for what is considered antiquated, so I grew up with it. Now I embrace the styles of by-gone eras, and can't see changing it anytime soon.
No. 2 - Do you have a vintage style icon?
Not necessarily any one in particular. I've always had a strong appreciation for my great-grandmothers, all hardworking women. I love looking at pictures of their younger days. They're an inspiration. I also love the actresses and the clothing of the first half of the 20th century. I think just seeing women of the past inspires me, they influence my style and the way I live.
No. 3 - Your guilty pleasure?
Being silly when I'm home alone I suppose. I dance when no one is looking and sing when no one can hear me :) My grandma also gives fantastic foot massages!
No. 4 - What is your favorite cocktail/drink?
As far as alcohol goes, I am not yet of age to consume it, nor do I wish to. I am pro-prohibition! I do love a non-alcoholic Bloody Mary. I love tea, especially Gold Peak Green Tea.
No. 5 - Do you have a signature perfume or scent that you always wear?
I don't usually wear perfume, but I tend to wear anything floral. Rose, Lilac, Chantilly, etc.
No. 6 - Heels or flats?
I wear heels when I dance (home alone), but for everyday footwear, flats!
No. 7 - If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
If I were able to help people that aren't making good life choices or taking life and the little things for granted, I'd do that. I really like helping people.
No. 8 - What is your favorite item you own?
I don't own them, but they'll always be mine. My family.
No. 9 - What countries have you travelled to?
None. I'd love to visit England, Poland or Denmark.
No. 10 - Is there any particular period in history that you're fascinated with?
I'd say 1910-1950. I also like the Regency era. Most of the time I convey a 1930's look.
No. 11 - Describe yourself in one word?
. . . . . . .
If you are given the award:
1. Link and follow the blogger who awarded you.
2. Blog about the award.
3. Give the award to 5 other bloggers, preferably with less than 200 followers.
4. Answer the 11 questions I ask and give 11 of your own to the bloggers you award.
. . . . . . .
Here are the 11 questions I will ask my five bloggers who receive the award:
- How long have you embraced vintage and why?
- Which famous person/historical figure would you have dinner with?
- Which famous person/historical figure would you go shopping with?
- If you wear red lipstick, which kind is your favorite?
- What era inspires and intrigues you the most?
- If you could live a second life as a different person, which time period would you live in?
- What is the strangest vintage item you own?
- What are some great qualities you have?
- What is your favorite material?
- What is your favorite vintage name for a female?
- What is your favorite vintage name for a male?
. . . . . . .
After much deliberation, these are the five bloggers I choose for the award: