So, after months of dreaming, I am finally working on a pair of my own, using a repro pattern by Simplicity, pattern #3688. I made a pair out of muslin first, just to see how they fit, look and feel. I really like them, it's the look I want to go for. Thank goodness. I did have a few bumps in the road, but I was able to manage, my grandma helped me out.
After procrastinating for a few weeks to make the 'permanent' pair, I got a little energy/confidence boost and decided to go for it. It was now or never. So far, I have to put in the zipper, waistband, and the hem. I'm so happy it's coming together. The biggest struggles I think I have are the zipper and waistband. I will post the finished product, hopefully they turn out!